Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter 2011


Elijah

Family is so much more than those who share parents, grandparents, siblings and cousins.  Family reaches beyond blood lines and genetics and reaches into the hearts and souls of all who are connected in love and compassion.

Forrest and Oakley
We shared Easter this year with our “family” and I have to say, despite coming down with a fever midway through dinner, it was one of the more splendid Easters I have ever had.   I had to go hide and take a lie down for a short while and as I was resting and listening to the sounds in and out of the house, the thought floated in that if anyone had been passing by our home, they could easily assume that the day was being shared with cousins, aunts, uncles, brother and sisters.   Then I thought, brothers and sisters?  Is that not what we chose to call each other as fellow Saints?  

Terrell and Myra
The gospel of Jesus Christ teaches us that all of us are children of our great and glorious Father in Heaven.  We are all brothers and sisters.  I have so casually flung those titles out over the years, but it was today, of all days, with my home filled with loved ones, that I realized we are all truly brothers and sisters.  

Jeremiah, Kaiser and Hayden

Kin.  I feel very blessed.  I feel very surrounded. 
I do not feel so alone. 

Issaka and Amanda
Thank you all for sharing the day of our Saviors resurrection and sharing your Christ-like love with us all throughout the year.    









No comments: